More work and better in less time, increase your efficiency
How to be more productive at work, that is the great secret that we all want to reveal, even more so when you are self-employed or have just started a company ..., sometimes, we feel that the hours slip away and we do not move forward ... To fight against this great stigma, we offer you some tips, most importantly, that you follow them with perseverance.
- Use an agenda and an annual calendar , only then will you ensure that nothing is overlooked, fulfill your obligations every day without leaving them for tomorrow and anticipate those tasks that you did not even remember. It can be a physical or electronic agenda or virtual application , the fact is that it always accompanies you. Those who opt for physical agendas and calendars do so to be able to view the planned tasks at any time while they are in the office, just by looking up, because to consult the electronic ones we must access our smartphone or computer. The good thing about the latter is that they include audible alarms so that we do not forget matters of the utmost importance. We, personally, opted for the conjunction of both methods.
- Organize, at the last minute, the tasks of the next day , so you will go to bed with the feeling that you have the next day in control, that you have the time necessary to get all the work planned ahead and, in addition, you will know what do nothing more than cross the threshold of the door of your workplace. These tasks can be organized in order of priority or in timeline format.
- Meetings, only the essential ones . How much time is wasted in a meeting? We jump from one topic to another to end the meeting with the feeling that we have not advanced. Meetings, only the necessary ones, with the points to be discussed fully defined and with the proposals that must be raised and worked out in advance.
- Manage distractions and setbacks . If problems pile up, don't try to solve them all. Prioritize, calmly solve them, one by one, concentrating on each obstacle you have to overcome, and then, when one is solved, move on to the other. Ask those who come to you in search of answers that do not "attack" you with calls and questions out loud, it is best that they send you an email or text message to which you will respond once the previous question is solved.
- Rest . And to rest we are not saying "surf the internet looking for leisure pages", no, we mean that you must get up from your job every two hours, take a walk, drink water, go to the bathroom, talk with a colleague about a relaxed topic And, if you are extremely lucky to have a sunny terrace, garden or patio in your workplace, go out and get some fresh air for a few moments, you will clear your mind and help ideas flow.
Remember that your goal at work is to obtain an economic return, but money is not everything, finishing more than satisfied with your working day thanks to a job well done and effective will be a very satisfactory reward, because to get extra money, already there are our microcredits .