The Marie Kondo method
The Marie Kondo method, is it as exceptional as it seems?
At this point, no one is missing who Marie Kondo is , but just in case, we put you in the background.
Marie Kondo is a Japanese writer, entrepreneur and organizational consultant who has turned her books, especially The Magic of Order and Happiness After Order, into real best sellers. In fact, it has already sold more than four million copies in more than 30 countries.
In 2015, Time magazine included her in its list of the 100 most influential people in the world . Almost nothing, right?
And the fact is that the formula for order and saving that this young author promulgates has conquered those who wish, once and for all, to find the secret of eternal cleanliness and balance in the home.
Marie Kondo, the definitive secret of order or a passing fad
Despite her success, Marie Kondo has retractors, especially among those who treasure hundreds of books at home (Kondo explains that you should not have more than 30 books at home at the same time), memories of exotic travels or thousands of clothes from past seasons because "you never know."
However, something must work in Kondo's method to have made such a prestigious niche in the public sphere worldwide.
And it is that, his thing is not only to order, it is also about learning to throw away, prioritizing, cleaning and saving.
For those who follow the Kondo method, physical order is the first step to conquer mental order and with it, balance.
In a world in which families are forced into smaller and smaller homes and in which we consume non-stop, it is not surprising that Marie Kondo's KonMari method provides a breath of fresh air for those who no longer know where to put the things.
Transient trend? We do not believe it, because his method does not discover anything that does not appeal to common sense. And if not, discover some of its maxims.
Some of the keys to the order of Marie Kondo
In CreditoSí we have made a selection of some of his most popular advice and that millions of people already follow:
- Become aware to be able to discard belongings . Some people do not even know what they have because the chaos is such that items pile up haphazardly, going, in many cases, unnoticed. Classifying and grouping will be decisive to know what we really have and decide what to throw away.
- Fold and store all possible textiles and accessories vertically to save space, have everything at hand and maintain order and harmony within the closet.
- Enable a space for each thing , thus preventing our belongings from hanging around the house.
- File and categorize all papers in portfolios, folders, etc.
- Stay only with what is truly useful , with what you like and with what makes you happy.
- To start ordering, starting with the clothes , the paperwork, various accessories and leaving all that with sentimental value for last, will be the most difficult part.
Ultimately, it is about not accumulating too many things, deciding what to throw away and the rest, knowing how to order it precisely.