Reduce your home electricity bill and save more
Consuming less energy not only benefits the environment, but also the pockets of thousands of savers who want to reduce household energy consumption.
QSaving money at home is easy if you put in place some of the key tips and tricks to increase the energy efficiency of your home .
How to save light: ten essential tips
Reduce the electricity bill with gestures like the ones we are going to propose, they are just a small example of everything you can do in your home to contribute to the energy saving of your home :
- Now that tough winter weeks await, keep your heat between 19-21 degrees . For every degree that you increase the temperature, you will be increasing energy consumption by approximately 7%.
- Correctly insulate doors and windows , between 25 and 30% of your heating is lost there.
- Get up to 60% energy savings by installing awnings on the windows where the sun shines and properly insulating the ceilings and walls.
- If you are going to change any of your appliances, bet on class A , they consume three times less than class G.
- After the refrigerator (18% of total electricity consumption), smart TVs represent the largest household consumption. Reduce the impact of this electronic device by limiting its consumption and turning it off completely , that is, avoiding the "standby" mode not only of this, but of all your electronic equipment, this action could save you more than 40 € per year.
- After the refrigerator and the television, the washing machine is the appliance that consumes the most energy, between 80 and 85% of it is used to heat the water, it uses low-temperature programs .
- Bet on low consumption lamps and save up to 80% energy for the same lighting level.
- Use temperature regulators with thermostat in the bathrooms , they can save between 4 and 6% of energy.
As you can see, you can take big but also small gestures that help you reduce the electricity bill in your home. If you still do not get it and it catches you off guard and without money available, request a quick loan at Crédito Yes , we will respond to your needs in less than 24 hours.
Other things you can do to reduce your electricity bill
In addition to the advice described above, you can adopt another series of recommendations to reduce electricity consumption in your home:
- Bet on laptops versus desktop computers , they consume 50% less.
- Cover the cooking containers when you prepare your food.
- Use pressure cookers , they allow savings of up to 75%.
- Select a suitable temperature for the refrigerator and freezer , between 3 and 5º C for the first and -1 and -15º C for the second.
If you want to know more about how to save energy, enter the online platform enabled by the IDAE (Institute for Diversification and Energy Savings) www.aprendecomoahorrarenergia.es and reduce consumption in your home.