SEVERAL restaurants have been named among the best places to eat in the country.
The Restaurant Guide 2022 is a guide to the best dining destinations in the UK and Ireland, with over 1,700 restaurants that have been awarded Rosettes for Culinary Excellence by AA Professional Inspectors.
Now in its 28th edition, The 2022 Restaurant Guide provides foodies with a breakdown of restaurants by county, including a detailed description of each destination, information on the latest chef changes, hours of operation, sample prices from menu and pictures of many places presented.
The AA Restaurant Guide, which was not released in 2020, returns with a mix of familiar favorites and over 100 restaurants new to the guide since the previous edition.
The Ollerod, based in Prout Bridge, Beaminster, is among the new additions to the list, with the guide describing the restaurant as “full of character, offering plenty of period details, as well as contemporary furnishings and decor.” .
A description of the restaurant reads: “Local art and photography is often on display, and the emphasis is on the best local and seasonal produce, with fish and seafood from the Dorset coast.
“A summer menu might feature a refreshing ajo blanco – chilled almond soup with crab, mango and grapes, followed by an equally refreshing dish of salmon ceviche with avocado mousse.
“Finish with an elderflower cream with poached currants and a mini donut.
The Ollerod and the Summer Lodge Country House Hotel in Evershot were also both named among the best restaurants of 2020 with both three rosettes.
The 2022 Restaurant Guide is now on sale in bookstores at RRP £ 16.99.
The full list of the 24 Dorset restaurants featured on the guide is:
• Brassica Restaurant at The Square, Beaminster. a rosette
• The Ollerod at Prout Bridge, Beaminster. Three rosettes
• The Crab in Bournemouth at the Park Central Hotel, Exeter Road, Bournemouth. Two rosettes
• Cumberland Hotel at East Overcliffe Drive, Bournemouth. Two rosettes
• The Green at 4 Grove Road, Bournemouth. Two rosettes
• Hermitage Hotel at Exeter Road, Bournemouth. a rosette
• No 34 at the Orchid Hotel at 34 Gervis Road, Bournemouth. a rosette
• Roots at 141 Belle Vue Road, Bournemouth. Two rosettes
• Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa at Wick Ferry, Wick Lane, Christchurch. Two rosettes
• Christchurch Harbor Hotel & Spa Pier, 95 Mudeford. Christchurch. Two rosettes
• The Lord Bute & Restaurant at Lymington Road, Highcliffe-on-Sea. Two rosettes
• Upper Deck Bar & Restaurant at Christchurch Harbor Hotel & Spa, 95 Mudeford, Christchurch. a rosette
• Mortons Manor in East Street, Corfe Castle. Two rosettes
• The Acorn Inn on Fore Street, Evershot. a rosette
• Summer Lodge Country House Hotel at Fore Street, Evershot. Three rosettes
• Le Petit Canard on Dorchester Road, Maiden Newton. a rosette
• Hotel du Vin Poole in Mansion House, Thames Street, Poole. a rosette
• Rick Stein Sandbanks at 10-14 Banks Road, Poole. a rosette
• The green in The green, Sherborne. Two rosettes
• The Kings Arms at Charlton Herethorne, Sherborne. a rosette
• Seasons Restaurant at Long Street, Sherborne. Two rosettes
• THE PIG on the beach in The Manor House, Manor Road, Studland. Two rosettes
• The Club House, Beach Road in West Bexington. a rosette
• Crab House Café at Ferrymans Way, Portland Road, Weymouth. a rosette